4/08/2013

skirmish

@fluff49 @oceanrhiannon Yew!

Comments

Desai

Okay, folks...

With our new space, we are discovering that we need more games to help fill up the schedule.

There was one easy fix. Our Malifaux crowd has been clamoring for a weekly night for a while, and with the new space, it was easy to accommodate that by giving them space every Thursday. (Keep in mind folks that every other week, you're sharing space with not one, but two, role-playing campaigns. Play nice.)

Now, before folks start throwing games at us willy-nilly, we do have some things in mind for games we'd like to see, as well as some things that people have already brought up.

Among things we'd like to add to the schedule...

Warmachine/Hordes - This game was one of the staples of early Gopher, and it is too good of a game not to have some play here.

Infinity - A really cool skirmish-style minis game that we are looking at carrying. Watching some folks play it here in the store on occasion has left us impressed.

Another regular MtG night - Yes, we know that Magic gets a lot of love here, but demand is enough to support another, smaller scale, regular event night. However, the MtG folks need to remember to play nice with others (and vice versa) if this night is to happen/continue. Still looking at the schedule to see how to fit this in.

Warhammer Fantasy Battles - This may just get folded into Mondays with WH40K, unless demand for WFB is more than anticipated. Either way, this is a line that Armored Gopher is going to bring in in the very near future.

More RPGs - GopherDave's first love of gaming is role-playing games. He'd like to see more happen in the store. As an adjunct, we are looking at letting Pathfinder Society happen every Sunday, but some details have to be worked out first for that to happen.

HeroClix - We'd like to see this get a scene started here, but we need someone to run it. Pretty much everyone, save one person, who has ever said they would commit to this has bailed for whatever reason (good and bad, both).

Kaijudo - This is not a bad game, and it is something that WotC is pushing *HARD*. Some other stores we know are starting to see some traction and growth being gained by the scene. It also looks to be a way to grow new gamers, and that isn't a bad thing.

Just some thoughts for now...

-- GD

Scott

@Jakiiepoo @bcorcoran95 We should have a pistols skirmish!

Okamoto

Sok Noni Kidnetonex Skirmish To pieces: graceful dozen new 2013 California labor lyrics were initialled Jerry ... http://t.co/p04G6FMYv4

Stewart

L&G fee cut: Latest skirmish in the index fund price war?: More passive fund providers are likely to cut fees ... http://t.co/ICK54DtJQ7

Nakamura

@surf_skirmish @tedk11 @dewhurst73 bastard

Gāo

Recently my husband and I were in another unwanted skirmish in our marriage. Same topic, same emotions, round gazillion! Can you relate? (Barbara Rainey) What do you do when the same issue keeps coming up in YOUR marriage?http://www.familylife.com/articles/topics/marriage/staying-married/resolving-conflict/when-conflict-keeps-popping-up#.UV3xRTUo59A

Gairola

Rogers Says North Korea’s Kim Likely to Cause ‘Skirmish’ http://t.co/WQGjS1OjxJ via @BloombergNews

Malakar

@fluff49 @surf_skirmish but mines salty from the beach.

Lakhanpal

Advocate in the skirmish engines self.:

Myers

Dance Of Death
Iron Maiden

Let me tell you a story to chill the bones About a things that I saw One night wandering in the everglades I'd one drink but no more

I was rambling, enjoying the bright moonlight Gazing up at the stars Not aware of a presence so near to me Watching my every move

Feeling scared and I fell to my knees As something rushed me from the trees Took me to an unholy place And that is where I fell from grace

And They summoned me over to join in with them To the dance of the death In to the circle of fire I followed them Into the middle I was led

As if time had stopped still I was numb with fear, but still, I wanted to go And the blaze of the fire did no hurt upon me As I walked onto the coals

And I felt I was in a trance And my spirit was lifted from me And if only someone had the chance To witness what happened to me

And I danced and I pranced and I sang with them All had death in their eyes Lifeless figures they were undead all of them They had ascended from hell

As I danced with the death My free spirit was laughing and howling down at me Below my undead body just danced the circle of death

Until the time came to reunite us both My spirit came back down to me I didn't know if I was alive or dead As the others all joined in with me

By luck then a skirmish started And took the attention away from me When they took their gaze from me Was the moment that I fled

I ran like hell faster than the wind But behind I did not glance One thing that I did not dare Was to look just straight ahead

When you know that your time has come around You know you'll be prepared for it Say your last goodbyes to everyone Drink and say: a prayed for it

When you're lying in your sleep, when you're lying in your bed And you wake from your dreams to go dancing with the death When you're lying in your sleep, when you're lying in your bed And you wake from your dreams to go dancing with the death

To this day I guess I'll never know Just why they left me go But I'll never go dancing no more Until I dance with the death

Rivera

I uploaded Cubemen 2 - Skirmish 1v1 http://t.co/fz3302HMT6

Hernández

@surf_skirmish @badinskas Which one of our twitter friends was supposed to be in the Maldives posting photos of surf ?

Ishii

Just engaged in a bit of a skirmish on the Radio Times review for the latest Doctor Who episode. Oddly enough those whose views vastly differed to mine were also Christians. What were your thoughts on the episode?

Iyer

i dun believe that has war of Korea ... :)

James

Funny thing today, went to pay child support at the office, over heard a conversation
some girl was in asking how to start child support, child support officer was like do u know him or his name, girl was like yeah, he was with me at birthing child, support officer was like well, u dont need peternity in this stat give me his name ill set child order up, i seen the girl skirmish a bit about that, she was like, well he was just a friend, officer was like do u know where he lives or has roommates or anything? she's like dont worry we dont require paternity for the courts..im in awe, a bitch can wak into cild suport give out a name and what... some dude who was a friend is tagged?, no offense the bich had plummers butt and could think straight to save her butt, but the officer was real clear on pointing out that wa state doesnt require paternity to pursue a chil support case, means any guy out there can be named

González

Ephesians 6:10-13
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.

One of the biggest reasons that many of the jewish people refused to believe that Jesus was the Christ is that they misunderstood what the Christ was going to do. They believed that Christ would come to restore the kingdom of Israel to it's former glory and put an heir of David on the throne. They were waiting for a military and political leader who would drive the Romans out of their land and set them up as the world power that they were in the days of Solomon. But God had another plan entirely.

What they failed to understand was that God wanted to take His people in another direction. There were certainly battles to be fought, but not against flesh and blood enemies, which is also something that Christians have gotten wrong from time to time. Instead, we are to fight a battle against Satan and the evil that he represents. This world is awash in his handiwork and he seeks to devour us all. And it is a battle in which we have a distinct disadvantage. All the devil needs us to do in order for him to destroy us is stand still long enough. Idleness and complacency are two of his most deadly weapons and they have cost many, many people.

Our battle is one that we must fight every day. We will not win every skirmish, but as long as we force ourselves to get up and keep trying, Satan can never win. Our God has given us the tools we need in order to prevail. Here, they are called the armor of God and tomorrow we will look at that armor in more detail. But for now, suffice it to say that our God, His Spirit and Christ Jesus are with us every day. They help us to fight our battles and, "if God is for us, who can be against us?" (Rom 8:31) The devil has already lost the war and he knows it. But he will do everything he can to take us down with him. So we must continue to fight no matter how hopeless things seem. We have the ultimate power on our side. And no one and nothing can stand against that.

~Kevin
Numbers 6:24-26

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...